"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

About Me

My photo
I use this blog to comment on the world as I see it. Sometimes that's negative...sometimes it's positive...but it will always be truthful.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Gender Roles and Why Your Husband Hates that Sweater


I know what your husband or boyfriend or both wants for Christmas and it isn’t a monogrammed sweater vest for him to wear to your family Christmas party. You see, men, in particular married men, don’t actually give a shit about anything that you care about.

In point of fact: I am married to one of the world’s most sensitive and enlightened men and HE doesn’t want that stupid sweater. My two best friends are men. My children are men. I live in a sausage factory. That makes me an expert. So listen up:

Your husband/boyfriend/whatever wants one of the following three things for Christmas/Birthday/Insert Your Favorite Holiday:

1.Sex of some sort
2.A Saturday to do nothing but scratch himself and watch some sort of sport
3.An entire week without you asking him to do something stupid
Let me clarify: something stupid is anything that isn’t listed in numbers 1-3.

So ladies, seriously, get a girlfriend. Quit trying to make your husband/boyfriend/whatever fill that role. By definition, a man is NOT a woman. Enjoy lady time with the ladies. Enjoy man time with your men.

And gentlemen, if you want a lady to treat you like a man, for God’s sake, start treating her like a lady. Gender roles are in place because they make sense. If you want her to give you guy time, open doors, put your hand on the small of her back, change the toilet paper roll, protect her in a bar, and for GOD’S SAKE, quit grooming yourself in front of her. If you’re going to be the alpha, you’d better get really good at it because women in the 21st century are fucking amazing. If you want to rule your roost, do it…but you’d better do it right. And ladies…quit emasculating them. If you want a quality goose, quit cutting off his balls.

Jesus, I loathe the 21st century feminism/gender politics/political correctness.

Just saying.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment